Tuesday, December 22, 2015

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

Ms Beauregard provided a most excellent Christmas present--a day on the River Walk to shoot the lights at night and a night at the Menger (a suite no less)... plus Flatonia, a glass studio at Wimberly and barbecue at Blacks in Lockhart. It is most greatly appreciated even if well above my comfort level.

Now Alcy hasn't seen the glass photos yet so she may not be speaking to either Debie or me. But maybe a promise to take her to Wimberly will make up for it. Well that is if I carry through with it.

For those that are not familiar with Wimberly, it is the Gruene on the other side of I35--enough said. Debie didn't even slow down except to turn around and she did that as quickly as possible. She still remembers a couple of years ago when she and Alcy took me to Gruene on a day when I had already been to three or four yuppie towns--bad idea. That was right after my week long trip with Paul terminated on its third day in the Capitol of Yuppie, Fredericksburg. Small Texas town are a pure delight and such great ambiance until the yuppies fake'em up and totally destroy everything of value.

Janet and I spent a really great five days at Blue Hole just outside of Wimberly back in the Seventies. We started out to do a week of bike riding in the Hill Country. Never got past Blue Hole. Doubt that Blue Hole is still accessible for skinny dippin'. Now it's probably in some yuppies back yard.

Will be posting photos along the way but the next few days will be spent dealing with this. It happened when I was two hundred miles away.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh!! Well, hopefully whoever did it fessed up and had insurance. I was hit by an uninsured, unlicensed, "no speak English" driver who ran a red light on October 2, to the tune of $13,500+ and was without my car for 6 weeks. I didn't have car rental insurance so we had to share during all of that time. Most of the time, we managed just fine but on a couple of occasions, it was a real pain in the patoot! The insurance agency has had no luck collecting anything from the uninsured driver and has turned it over to a collection agency. I'm not holding my breath that they will ever see a dime. However, it's probably only a matter of time until we receive a letter from Metlife telling us they are raising our rates. Double ugh!!

    ReplyDelete