Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Promised Self Aggrandizement

Alcy dropped off my photo so now I can brag.

Last Tuesday was the 2013 End of Year Competition at NWHPC. All of the photographs that have received ribbons during the year are eligible to enter. They are broken down into only two categories, Black and White and Color. Only three ribbons are awarded, Best Black and White, Best Color and Best of Show.

I could not attend since I was waiting for UPS to deliver my new lens so Alcy took my four entries. I do not pretend to know how such things can be but after the meeting Alcy called to let me know that one of my photographs had received Best of Show. I of course am pleased and honored. Since I am dropping out of the club this year it is always best go go when you are ahead. 


This is a photograph I did of my niece, Dalese, in the Kimbell Art Museum in Fort Worth. It was entered in an Assigned category "Frame Within a Frame". I digitally removed the original painting and replaced it with increasingly smaller images of Dalese and the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment