Friday, February 11, 2011

Lens Baby


Favorite Shot of the Day

I had to drive over to Sugarland to deliver the DVD of the shots that I took of the Homes for Our Troops clay pigeon shoot. On the way home I stopped by Hermann Park to play with the Lens Baby. I learned two things; (1) don't shoot into the sun, the flair is horrendous and (2) you have to be shooting something that is out of the ordinary. I guess another way of putting it is that the Lens Baby needs mystery, drama. Otherwise it just looks corny.

It is evident that using the Lens Baby has a learning curve. Tomorrow I am going to a model shoot and I hope to give it a try there. but I think I will figure out a way to make a lens hood to see if I can cut down on the flair before I go in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment