Saturday, February 5, 2011

Double Serving of Chinese



Northwest Houston Photo Club had scheduled a photoshoot at The Forbidden Garden Museum for later in the year. However, we learned that the museum will be closing to make way for the expansion of the Grand Parkway so the Activity Chairman, Graden Hager, quickly put together a field shoot for today. I had never been to the museum but those that had were greatly disappointed because the displays were in considerable disrepair. I got a few photographs that will probably be keepers.

After we finished there, Debbie Henderson and I went to the Chinese celebration of the Lunar New Year. After walking around the museum I was a little tired so I left my camera bag in the car and only took the Lens Baby. I thought we would be walking around outdoors, instead we spent most all of our time inside watching the stage productions. I was disappointed because the Lens Baby was not nearly long enough but on looking at the photographs I am very pleased with a number of them. The blur added a lot of movement to the shots, especially the dance routines. I had difficulty focusing and was moving the sweet spot all over the place trying to keep up with the action so I missed a lot of the shots. In all it was a great day of photography even if I did have to get up at 4am to make it to breakfast with the club.

Tomorrow morning I am having breakfast with the new Models and Photographers that split off from the old group then I have invited Debbie to be my guest at the photoshoot, Singing in the Rain, downtown in front of City Hall. So, tomorrow is going to be another marathon round of photography. That’s okay, it gets me out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment