Monday, November 8, 2010

Photoshoot Downtown



I did not know that days were so long.

As yet I don’t have much desire to get out but then I have always been a recluse. I drove a neighbor lady to the doctor this morning and had great plans. I was going to stop by a furniture store and look for a new bed since I have to return the hospital bed we were using. I was going to take my tie to the cleaners to remove the tartar sauce I dribble on it. Even though I packed up all the camera gear as I always do when I leave the house I couldn’t think of a thing to do after I let her out. I headed home and was turning onto McGallion before I thought of the bed or the tie and I wasn’t about to turn around at that point.

I had signed up for a photoshoot with the Houston Photoshoot Models, Actors and Photographers group for last Sunday afternoon so I did go to that. The main thing I achieved was wearing myself to a frazzle. It was on the University of Houston Downtown Campus. There is a large patio area that over looks Buffalo Bayou and on the other side is downtown Houston. The idea was to shoot fashion shots with the skyline as a background. Unfortunately we would be shooting directly into the sun which was uncomfortable. I made the stupid suggestion to our group that we go down to the Bayou for better light. I didn’t realize that it was flour floors of steps down. I was carrying my camera on a tripod, along with a new two wheeler that converts to a chair where I had my camera bag with all the lenses. Finally one of the young female models insisted on helping with the two wheeler. Then coming back up it was take one up a flight or two and go back for the other. By the time I got to the top I was exhausted so I left early. This was the first time that I would be able to stay for the full four hour shoot because I wouldn’t leave Janet alone that long and I found out that it was me and not Janet that could make the full four hours. Hopefully I will get out, get more exercise and that will improve. If not all the floor walking that I am doing possibly will help. Just can’t sit still for any length of time and nothing holds my interest.

Anyway, here are a few of the photographs that I did on the shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment