Sunday, November 15, 2009

Versions

I am enjoying working with the photos I did of Janet a couple days ago. I originally started to practice the retouching for Help Portrait. Then I decided to see if I could convert my old steel engraving texture screen to digital. Since then I have been playing with adding steel engraving texture to the photos. As most that know me realize, I do not believe that there is only one way to present a photo. I will often have a number of versions. Here is one with three versions and I may add more.


Straight, soft and light


Straight Black and White


Steel Etch Color


Steel Etch Black and White

Do I like one better than the others? No. They are just four different versions of the same photograph. A little more time and there may be ten different versions.

Of the steel etch screen portraits I have done so far, this is my favorite.

1 comment: