Saturday, November 21, 2009

Express MaiL>>>>>>>>>

Paul Saltzman (Bronx, NY) very kindly printed one of my photographs of Janet so that I could enter it in the November competition at Northwest Houston Photo Club (the steel etch b&w posted previously.) Because the deadline was on us, he shipped it express mail for delivery before noon Tuesday 11/17. The competition was on the 17th. I was home when they attempted to make the delivery on the 17th but apparently did not hear them knock. It missed the completion. I thought they would redeliver the 18th. No such luck. On the web site I requested a redeliver on the 20th. Again I missed them.


So today I went to the post office to pick up the package. This photo was taken better than a half hour before reached the counter and I had already been in line for quite awhile.

Getting the package at the post office took only slightly longer than getting it opened after I got it home. At the first opportunity I am checking out Paul’s portfolio. I am guessing it is entirely in Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing—TAPE. However, both waits were well worth it.

Paul both photographs are beautiful!

He also sent me a print of a photograph that he had shot in Utah on their vacation a couple weeks ago. It is even more beautiful on paper than it is on the screen. Can’t wait for the next meetup of the blog team so that I can share both.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh Gary, if I didn't know better, I think that was MY post office!! Plan on 30+ minute plus wait at any time of the year. Wouldn't be surprised if that doubled in the next 4 weeks! We'll look forward to seeing your prints. Sorry the one of Janet missed the competition. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is true of any post office in Houston. I usually go to the one over at Northline because it is much smaller ocassionally the line is pretty short

    ReplyDelete