Monday, July 27, 2009

Janet and Rain Clouds

It has been a long time since I did any “McDonald’s Portraits.” Well this was not at McDonald’s and I have actually taken some but since Janet’s last fall she has looked so bad that I couldn’t bring myself to post them. The knot on her forehead is almost gone, not quite, but almost. The bruising is still evident but I liked this photograph enough to over look that.

I am not sure why I like it but it strikes me as having a disconnect between Janet and the food. It is difficult eating out because she wants to leave the table long before the meal is finished. I thought she would like the shrimp but didn’t realize that it came with all the other stuff. She ate much less than half of the food in the photo, which is pretty normal.

As we were leaving a heavy rain shower was developing and I shot a couple dozen cloud photos, two of which I thought were pretty good in black and white that I am posting. We drove down town to look up Woodard’s Bail Bonds. I had found it a year ago with I was doing the series of photographs of light fixtures. For some reason that night I could not get the camera to fire, just flat turned up it’s nose at photographing the sign. Ever since I have said I was going to go back for the photograph. Well we did last evening. Unfortunately on the window you can still see the outlines of where the letters had been but over them it now says World Wide Bail Bonding. I guess Woodard expanded or sold out. Either way, I missed my planned photo.

As I was cutting across a parking lot two men approached me. I thought that I was going to get a chance at doing my first $2 Portrait, a project that I am going to have to get started. I didn’t, all they wanted was directions to Congress and Fannin.

With the storm clouds brewing I was thinking maybe more rain and since the last shoot I had retrieved my loaned 50mm lens. But even that didn’t pay off so the downtown trip was a bust. That’s okay, I shot Janet and clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment