Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sad...

Today I own less camera equipment and I am not yet sure how I feel about that.

The D200 was gathering dust, the new 17-35mm replaces the Tokina 12-24mm and unless I shoot DX on the D700 the Tokina 11-17mm doesn’t work at all so I gave them away to a good home.

My great nephew and his wife are starting a photography business and I know they will put them to good use but tonight it is like the days after the dogs passed away. I am a little lost.

ADDENDUM: Just read Chris and Katie's Blog. I do not know that I ahve ever been a part of a plan before so I think it is going to be okay.

1 comment:

  1. Gary, when I read this last night (and before I saw the addendum this morning) it came to my mind that God was using you to bless this young couple. It was a sacrificial gift on your part (not that you didn't have other camera equipment, but that you had an attachment to it, it meant something to you and it was not easy for you to let it go).

    For that reason, God is not only using your gifts to bless Katie and Chris but He is blessing you as well. I mean, isn't that the way God is? We can never out give Him!! To hear first hand how God used YOU to answer the prayers of this young couple has got to feel really great!! And how exciting it will be for you to be able to see their work and business grow as a result of your investment in them through your mentoring and upgrade of their equipment. No doubt Chris and Katie will always look back at this act as a turning point - not only with their business but as a faith building experience as they see God at work and involved in the details of their lives. AWESOME!!

    I'm wondering...would you like to be my honorary uncle? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete