Monday, March 30, 2009

The Mpix Order

The die is cast. I originally selected fifty of the Walls and Walks images to have printed as 7x10's on 12x12 for the portfolio. I uploaded them a couple of days ago to Mpix but couldn't bring myself to push the button.

After a phone call from Paul Saltzman this afternoon I removed several and added two from after Hurricane Ike for a total of forty-six images and hit the Place Order.

As I told Paul this evening when I called him back to let he know that I had placed the order, I have my doubts that I will ever show these to a gallery. That is why I was reluctant to place the order. Now with the album and one additional set of pages the price will come in under three hundred which is a lot of money to spend for ego. Maybe with Paul's encouragement, when it is put together and if it does look good, who knows, I might try to find some place to hang them.
As I mentioned before, I can't see anyone buying one for home use but they look very commercial building to me. I might have a couple printed 20x30 to see how well it holds up. I think the club has an abstract category coming up that it might work for.

1 comment:

  1. Gary, this collection will make a fabulous portfolio! I am a little surprised that you wouldn't have had them printed larger for a gallery, however - which is where they truly belong. I also can easily see them enlarged in a commercial setting, as you mentioned, or framed (as is) and hung in a grouping in a home. I think you know they are quite good, and I hope we will be seeing a lot more of this collection!

    ReplyDelete