Thursday, March 31, 2016

The Best Layed Schemes o' Mice an' Men..

Gang aft agley,

Well, sometimes. Sometimes it just rains when I really planned on cutting grass but I would just call that extremely fortunate. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

I have a project coming up that I am hoping I can convince those involved to let me do some photographs that I can process to emulate bromoils. It is a project that I would generally run the other direction from as hard as I could but this is for a friend so it is important to at least give it a try.


Anyway, I have been playing with Topaz to see if I can come up with something that has the stippling appearance of a bromoil print. Don't know that I am there yet but I will keep working on it. Now if I can only get the LensBaby to emulate a Pinkham and Smith Series IV I will be in hog heaven and can return to my proper place in this world.

In the meantime, I'm still working on Small Manifestations...





1 comment:

  1. From Dennis

    Thinking Bromoil has a combination of stippling and slight swirling. So... perhaps a combination of the two approaches? Found a couple YouTube demonstrations within PhotoShop of each (couldn't find Topaz, but figure the concepts are close enough).

    stippling approach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-HFoHWeKWI

    liquid emulsion effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y4G57WuIOI

    ReplyDelete