Friday, March 11, 2016

Procession of the Penitents

For those that do not know this about Alcy—she sees things. I don’t mean she has hallucinations or conjures up spirits. It’s like when we were kids laying on our backs finding animals and shapes in clouds.

I have a photograph I shot of a water fountain that I thought was pretty good until Alcy saw a bunny rabbit in the water patterns and now I can’t look at the photograph without seeing that #%@ bunny.

There is a swamp area at Mercer Park with lots of Cypress knees. Alcy sees the knees as hooded, robed figures. Unlike the bunny, I find that I see some metaphorical validity in her vision of the knees. Alcy often tries to capture this ‘hooded figure’ in her photographs of the knees. I have tried a couple of times without success. A few days ago we were there late in the afternoon when the light was much more conducive to this project. I got a few that I thought were close. This one is my favorite.
 

Procession of the Penitents

No comments:

Post a Comment