Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Promoting My OTHER Blog

I have a second, very infrequently used blog, Photovisualize. It started out to be a place where I could share information that I felt was important about photography. I find that writing about photography, about photographers, about photographic concepts to be beneficial to my photography so it is not entirely altruistic. I cannot say for sure whether the blog was more for the edification of others or simply a way for me to advance my thinking on photography.

Anyway, I have let that blog sit idle too much of the time so I am going to take a new tact to see if I can reactivate the blog, or at least my interest in the blog. I will continue, hopefully more frequently, to write about photographers that I respect, about information I come across that I think is worth sharing. In addition to that I plan to post one of my photographs each week, fifty-two each year that I wish to talk about. These may or may not be a photograph taken during that or the previous week. Some may be very old photographs—some may even be a group of related photographs. (at first I will play catch up and try to fill in the missed weeks of 2016)

This will be my first photo to discuss.
It may be a few days before I get it posted.
My blogs, neither one, seem to attract a lot of subscribers, even from my closest friends. I am not entirely sure how I feel about that. I have discovered that many people read my blogs that do not subscribe, so maybe it is okay. There are just times when I wish I had a better feel for the audience—who is reading what I write.

Anyway, here is a link to Photovisualize. And a blatant appeal: I would love to have you subscribe if you are interested in the more esoteric aspects of my photographic hobby.

4 comments:

  1. As far as I can tell, I'm already subscribed to Photovisualize. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jus t check the blog, you, Sandra Salter, Paul and someone who goes by Island Soul that I think I met at a model shoot are the subscribers. Of course, I feel certain that most are somewhat tired of my rants. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meant to post my comment here but put it on Photovisualize. Just letting you know I'm in too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, I appreciate it. Always good to hear from you. Still need to get together for a shoot.

    ReplyDelete