Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Smoke No. 1

Debi Henderson and I decided at the Trader's Village shoot to purchase some incense sticks to shoot smoke photos. Not sure I have the hang of it yet.

Yesterday Darby Donaho came over to join in my third attempt. She did most of the shooting and I think got some interesting photos. After she had to leave I did a few of the last whiffs of flickering smoke from the incense stick.

One thing I have learned is that you have to shoot lots and lots of smoke photographs to get a very few keepers. Here's a couple from yesterday. The first one I think I will call Eloise. No, I do not know why I titled it Eloise--there are, as far as I know, no Freudian undertones associated with the name.

 
Or how about Bernice? And no discussions of undertones.
 
 
Darby introduced an entirely new element which just might account for the two photos above. She talked to the smoke. Okay, sounds a little weird but it worked. She mainly stuck with "Hello." But, thank you just the same, I'm not sharing any of my conversations. As Julia Childs often remarked, "Remember, you are alone in the kitchen."

No comments:

Post a Comment