Thursday, January 8, 2015

Cold Today

Today it is exceptionally cold for Houston. It is not unpleasant because there is little wind. I wanted to do something that evoked cold so I spent most of the day in the only 'warm' room in the house, the kitchen.

This is a quat blossom. I think it is a loquat but it may be qumquat. I can never remember which. Anyway, I don't think it should be blooming this time of the year. The cold will put an end to that.

This is a little awkward but it is something that I think I will keep working on. But it needs a little sophistication in the technique department. Something beyond hand held on my kitchen table.

Reminds me a little of the time I had failed to replace the defective heater coil in the pickem up truck. Who needs a stinkin' heater in Houston. Well the day it stayed below freezing all day it would have been nice. I had put five candles on the dash to be able to scrape the windshield clear in the morning. Thinking that it would thaw before quitting time I left the candles at home. Unable to scrape it clear enough that it wouldn't freeze over within two blocks, I finally gave up and drove home with my head stuck out the window.


 

1 comment:

  1. They are Loquat blossoms. They have a nice design to them.Looks like a fun start to an on going project.

    ReplyDelete