Monday, August 25, 2014

Eureka Springs

Debi invited me along to help celebrate her sister's thirtieth birthday at a party in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. In the back of my mind there seems to be a connection regarding when a woman invites you to meet her family but in my senility I couldn't remember what it was so I said okay.

It was a short and very fast trip but enjoyed it very much. Debi wasn't too upset when I equated Eureka Springs to Gruene on steroids (private joke). Enjoyed meeting her family and friends. Stephanie's sons had rented two cabins on Spring Street not far from downtown. Would loved to have had some time to do more exploration of the town. I did get a chance to make a couple of walks near the cabin for photos. Unfortunately after the almost twelve hour drive home I left my camera in Debi's car to I do not have all the images yet.

On the way up we stopped in Durant Oklahoma to see the World's Largest Peanut.


The Cabin

 
 



The last is the pièce de résistance that sells the Gurene comment.
 
The Area



 

St Elizabeth of Hungary Catholic Church



 
 
Seemingly Unending Parade of Volkswagens

 







No comments:

Post a Comment