Friday, May 23, 2014

Two Antique Stores With Alcy and Debi

Alcy, Debi and I went to the documentary on the street photographer Martin Elkhart at the Museum of Fine Art. There is a show of his work at a local gallery. Debi and I went a week or so ago but Alcy had not been so we decided to go again. Afterwards we went to lunch at The Empire, our new favorite hang out since Cricket's has closed. Debi and I discovered it the day we went to the gallery show.

Afterwards we had time to kill so we walked through one of the antique stores on Westheimer and then drove out to FM 2920 to an antique store where Alcy and I often shoot. As usual I look for religious artifacts and freaky toys. Found a little of each along with some other stuff.

Challenged Alcy to a nudeoff--shooting undressed manikins but she wouldn't take me up on it...


 
 

Shot a few manikins, as I always do. Hey, if it looks like a person I will shoot it...


 
 

Shot some stuff just because I thought it would make an interesting photograph...


 
 
 
 
 


A political statement. Previously I mentioned a couple of political statements I had photographed recently, one being the station of the cross with the face of Christ chipped out. I am not implying that these are political statement I agree with. There are simply interesting statements. The figure here is the Reverend Martin Luther King (even though I could not include the bible and get the statement I wanted). What caught my attention was the door with the padlock behind him. I have no idea what I see in that as statement but or at least what I can relate in this limited space. But I do see an intriguing statement. I am not saying that I do not see statements in other of my photographs. It is just that these two were specifically intended as statement at the time I took the photographs.



Some religious objects. I shot several crucifix but that will be a separate post...


 

A lot of toys but I will spare you most. These two I thought had a touch of evil, especially after captioning...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment