Sunday, July 7, 2013

Ferry Workers

Sometimes I shoot more photographs than I should. The processing is exhausting. I am going to break the Bolivar Ferry photographs into four categories, Workers, Riders, Patterns and Misc. This is the largest. I do not usually take photographs of the workers when shooting on the ferry, but since we were riding early in the morning and late in the evening the headlights from the vehicles made the reflective colors of the worker's vest really stand out against the darkness--so I got a little carried away. Shooting mostly from the passengers deck made this was a great exercise in finding line, shape, form, placement, moment and color--I have a few that I think 'hit' and many that missed. Okay, I think it is more than a few that hit and some that missed. In spite of the exhausting day (old people do not need to hold their breath that much) and the exhausting task of the processing I can't help but want to jump up and head back to Galveston every time I look at the images. So it must have been an okay day.



























1 comment:

  1. The lighting and the processing definitely made a big improvement in what these same shots would have looked like during regular daylight hours.

    ReplyDelete