Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Very, Very Long Day

Alcy wanted to photograph the sunrise at Galveston so I was out of bed at 4am. We met at Denny's for breakfast and then met Debi at a Denny's on the south side of Houston. Debi brought everyone tickets for five different venus at Moody Gardens so we made a day of it. Left the house before 4am and didn't get back until nearly 10pm--a long day for an old man. I have lots I want to post but tonight it is to bed early, meaning before 1 or 2am--maybe even by 11pm. Here's the first photo that I processed. Many more to follow.

The Beginning of the Day

The End of the Day

In between was...

...an early morning walk along the Galveston Seawall
...a very windy ride across Bolivar Roads on the ferry
...a visit to a rainforest at Moody Gardens
...a visit to the Aquarium at Moody Gardens
...and a ride up Offets Bayou on the paddle boat, The Colonel

In all, it was a pretty good day which may make it difficult to explain my upcoming post. LOL

3 comments:

  1. The first word that came to my mind? WOW!!!!!!

    I look forward to seeing the others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure why I'm showing up as anonymous. I've had trouble leaving comments lately...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, it's Blogger. Remember all the problems we had on the Discussion Blog? For almost a year on this blog I had to go to the dashboard just to enter a new post or to edit a post. That somehow got fixed a few weeks ago. It's a strange site.

    Thanks for the WOW. As I am sure you have heard me say, I am not interested in "true" color. Color is an emotional component of a photograph--or at least my photographs. The color here comes from a flourscent setting. I have just added a sunset photo which is on another flourscent setting.

    In between I did a somewhat gory portfolio of dead things on the beach which I will be posting. Just thought a warning was instore. LOL.

    Looking forward to you being back in Houston but will difinately miss your posts on life in Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete