Friday, September 17, 2010

Taft Street Coffee Shop

I have been trying to get to the Taft Street Coffee Shop ever since Michael Young had a photograph in the group show at Xnihilo Gallery some months ago and today we finally made it. Janet slept through most of the experience but she did enjoy the cafe mocha even if her eyes were closed. The interior is extremely dark but I shot some photos of Janet at 3200K. In some ways it reminds me of Profrocks back in the Seventies except there were chess boards on the tables rather than backgammon.


It had been a strange day and I needed a treat. I only regret that I did not take the 16-35mm so that I could have gotten more of the interior in the shot. I will be back with the correct lens and hopefully a wife that is not asleep. Should get there a little earlier and possibly do a walk around in the nearby area. Right now, the rest of this week is pretty full, but in the near future.


There were a number of characters present. I really miss living in Montrose. One day I am going to go to Mary's. Of course, I have been saying that for right at thirty years--but one day, one day it is going to be like the Taft Street Coffee Shop and I am actually going to do it. I think everyone should go to a gay bar at least once in their life. I’ve never been to a topless bar either so that should be on my bucket list. Maybe I could do both on the same day and we could call it an AC/DC adventure!!!!!  Although, Janet did take me to a strip joint once at the old Alray theatre--I say she took me because she was driving. I remember because she got a ticket just as we were leaving. Yeah, I think I am ready for some new adventures. But without the traffic ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment