Saturday, August 14, 2010

Photoshoot with David Bahn in the Heights

Things have been slow with the heat of Summer making it more fun to stay inside. Janet and I are still going out to eat but less frequently. AC is our friend.

A few days ago I did have a great photoshoot with David Bahn. He had planned on doing the Houston Photowalk Meetup Groups Houston Street by Street shoot along Heights Blvd but had to change his plans. To compensate, he and I met on Heights at 11th Street, the WWII Memorial. We did a very limited walk but got some interesting photographs and I greatly enjoyed the company and the photoshoot in spite of the fact that I was drenched in sweat. I got three or four photographs which I am very pleased.

We spent a good deal of time at the green house on the corner of Heights and 11th Street and then walked around the corner and I noticed the old Cadilliac covered with a tarp. We turned south on Harvard to the All Saints Church where we again shot several photographs. Back over to Heights on 10th Street and because of the heat called it a day.

My favorite photograph of the shoot was a house on 10th that was displaying a very faded American flag. I also, as is usually when shooting in the Heights, added a couple of photographs to my Walls and Walks collection. These were of a couple of arrows painted on the sidewalks. I can't seem to walk in the Heights without looking down. David got a couple of great shots of me photographing each of the arrows and was kind enough to grant permission for me to use his shots in the 2010 Photo Journal Vol 2. I can't believe that I have already finished the first volume for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment