Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Urban Bicycle Gallery

I was able to sneak away this morning for an hour. I knew I wouldn’t have time to make it to the East Side to continue working on the outdoor advertising art so I went to another favorite The Heights. I had only planned on taking along the tape recorder and making notes of found locations but I came across Urban Bicycle Gallery and couldn’t resist. The light was very flat because of the overcast but hopefully I can go back under better conditions. Tom Wurth, the owner, is the artist with bicycle parts. I am not thrilled with any of the photographs. They do not do the pieces justice so I really need to redo them using a tripod. I'm going to have to quit parking across the street from where I am shooting. That white Buick stands out like a sore thumb.


On the way to the Heights I stopped briefly to do a shot of a mural painted on the side of the Pearl Bar in the 4200 block of Washington Avenue.

This next shot might not be an example of outdoor advertising art but it is an automobile respected as a work of art. As I passed Coleman Auto Uphostry on Shephard I noticed this bright red Mercury convertalbe in the bay. I had to go back and do a photograph. I had Coleman replace the headliner in the Buick several months ago and at that time they had a bright red 1953 Mercury that they were upholstering. I didn't see the grill on this one but it is somewhere between 1948 and 1951 or 2 I would think.

No comments:

Post a Comment