Friday, November 13, 2009

Pretty Good

Got the tracking from B&H, UPS says delivery next Wednesday. That's a day earlier than originally promised.

I did make it to the local camera store to see if they had the Pocket Wizard sync cord that I needed. I didn’t find PW but they did have a couple of other brands that had the ¼ phono plug to male PC. I was a little hacked that I was going to have to pay $13.95 for a 12” sync cable from B&H. I am no longer complaining. One of the brands at the local camera store was $26.95 the other $33.95. Needless to say, I am waiting for the two coming from B&H.

That’s the most difficult part about being old. I remember when stamps were three cents, Cokes a nickel and sync cables $1.95. Otherwise it’s not a bad gig. I can sit at the computer all day long and pontificate about ridiculous prices. Don’t think we have seen anything yet. The way this administration and congress is throwing money around you will be lucky to score a sync cable for a C note in the not to distant future.

I did manage to get over to Fry’s to pick up a 1.5TB hard drive and an enclosure. Haven’t hooked it up yet but now I can back up my photos.

I am still pleased with the results of my new registry optimizer, really pleased. So pleased that I decided to update Capture NX2 and now my eyedropper is working again. Check out the photo of the Dahlia on the Discussion Blog. All the background work was done with Upoints and the eyedropper picking up the colors from other parts of the background. I possibly will reload Paint Shop Pro X2 tomorrow. It performed so poorly that I took it off and went back to X. When I first upgraded I did it as a download. Thought that might have been the problem so I even purchased a second copy getting the boxed version on the CD and that did not make any difference. It is so nice to have a computer that is functioning again. Now to get rid of that crappy My Faster PC that just added to the problems.

Outside of not sleeping, life is looking pretty good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment