Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Getting Closer

Well, I didn’t score on either Craig’s List bid. Actually I turned down the posing bench and stools because they really weren’t posing stools. I wanted something that would go to at least 30” and they would only go to 21”. And I really did not need the table, just a stool. Sure wish I had gotten in on the backgrounds earlier though.

Anyway, I needed a cord to go from the Pocket Wizards to the White Lighting so I was going to have to order from B&H. Got a couple of cords, a posing stool, two muslin backgrounds (Chocolate and Twilight Blue) and a set of color correction gels for the White Lightening. I think as the ad said that I am Good to Go. I got 10’x10’ backgrounds which will be fine for head and shoulder shots. I really wanted 5’x8’ but they don’t stock that in the chocolate. I think a dark warm and a dark cool background will give me every thing I need for Help Portrait. Right now I do not think of anything else that I need except to get of my keister and find a church that will work with me.

Notice that the backgrounds are dark. I don’t suppose that is a surprise to anyone. I am interested in seeing if with the 10’ width I can get one light chiaroscuro lighting. The light from the 86” umbrella is going to be so soft that it might not work. If not I can use a grid on the backlight and do a spot effect. See I got all this worked out in my head. Sure is a long way from practical experience.

Just wish I had everything together for using the White Lightening. I might make a trip to Camera Coop and Houston Camera Exchange to see if I can score one tomorrow. Until then I can’t get the Sekonic to fire the White Lightening and I really need that to practice (one less cable for Janet to trip over.)

No comments:

Post a Comment