Sunday, October 4, 2009

Another Denny's Portrait

I know everyone is bored silly with my Denny’s portraits of Janet but as long as I am enjoying them I will probably be doing them. This is one I shot a few days ago that I particularly like. I did clone out a light fixture and a few bright areas that broke the edge of the frame. This is one of my pet peeves, photographs with bright areas that touch the frame.

I go to Denny’s for the eggs. Janet goes for the coffee. I can make a pot of coffee at home and we will each drink one cup and the rest gets thrown away. Take Janet to Dennys and she takes a sip between every bite. She always goes through at least three mugs on every trip, even if we are just there for dessert. Should I take it personally?

2 comments:

  1. Several comments - first of all, I always enjoy seeing your photographs of Janet. Did you use your fill flash on this one? I like the colors here too (table cloth with her blouse), as well as the way you darkened around the edges. Janet looks quite content here. It appears that she has taken another fall. It amazes me that she can take a tumble without breaking anything.

    As for your coffee, I'd suggest a different coffee maker and a different brand of coffee. Other than that, it's got to be that you're making it too strong or too weak. HA

    PS I've just discovered Dunkin Donuts coffee. I had heard from more than one source that it was good coffee. They sell it in some grocery stores now. I'm not a coffee connoisseur but I bought some and liked it. Let me know what you think if you try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, thanks for the coffee info. I am afraid that the problem is more mine than Janets. I only make a pot probably once or twice a week. Janet is unable to pour her own or she would probably drink I. The problem is that I forget until the next time and am surprised to find the pot it full. I might explain that it is stainless rather than glass. With a glass container I could figure it out. Maybe I do need a new coffee maker.

    I have a favor to ask. Give me a comparison between this photograph and the last Denny's portrait. They were shot within minutes of each other. This one has, IMO, an old world painting coloration. The other is more true to the colors at the time. I like the warmth of this image. I like the overall greenish cast.

    ReplyDelete