Saturday, September 12, 2009

Skyline Shoot

I shot a photograph. Well, I shot more than one, but I kept only two. Met with several members of NWHPC at Sabine and Memorial to shoot photographs of the skyline for an up coming competition. I’m not much of a skyline shooter and I only took one lens the 50mm which was the wrong one to take. I did shoot a few photographs, enjoyed the outing but left early since Janet was alone.

On the way home I saw this flag draped in front of a building on Washington so I went around the block. It was the only descent photograph I took all evening. I did stop on the Quitman bridge over I45. I have wanted to do a skyline from there for a long time. It was too early to do what I wanted which is a long exposure. The 50mm is perfect but timing is going to be critical because every time a vehicle goes over the bridge it vibrates like crazy. Still think I will give it a try one night. Not any place I am looking forward to being alone after dark but from the few I shot tonight it holds possibilities. Maybe if it could be done in the rain I wouldn’t have to do it at night.

Cindi Rogers

Pam and Bear Carlson

180 degrees from the skyline from Sabine Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment