Friday, March 6, 2009

More Eggs

Still shooting eggs. Well I started yesterday but did not post any to the blog. I am enjoying the dark brown burlap background that I originally put up for the coffee beans.

I had been thinking about doing a shot of an egg inside the whisk for sometime so I finally got around to it. However, it looked a little plain so I raided the kitchen for additional props. The two shots with the crock were done last evening. The bird eggs and the alabaster egg were done today. I still have a couple of ideas so I may add one or two more egg photos before the day is over. I would like to pick up some brown eggs before I take down the brown burlap.

These were all shot using similiar set ups with one focusing spot through a difusser with various reflectors and gobos. The most drastic lighting change was the one with the Old Spice box where I pointed the snooted spot through a difusser into a silver reflector that was slightly in front of the box.

I have titled this one "The Egg That Would be King."
Once upon a time in another land, in another time long ago and far away I chaired a PSA International competition. It was also a time when Old Spice came in a wooden box so I glued some of the more exotic postage stamps and labels to an Old Spice box and varnished over them for a memento of the time. Like me the varnish has hardened and darkened but I still remember the competition and my surprise at taking an honorable mention in an international judging.

I use the box to hold dice, marbles and various small items for board games. This is probably the first time it has been out
of the drawer in probably fifteen years or more. There is lots of other stuff in that drawer that would work for tabletop photographs so I'm pleased I thought to use the box for an egg photograph. When I have cleaned out the kitchen with ideas maybe I'll start on the game drawer, or the camera cabinet or the closet in the computer room. All hold objects that would be interesting to work photographs around. There is some advantage to being a pack rat.

I even threw in another garlic photograph but couldn't figure a way to combine eggs and garlic but I think I am bringing back the goblet with the coffee beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment