Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Full Flavored Cup of Coffee

Today's tabletop, A Full Flavored Cup of Coffee was done using a focusing spot light through two scrims directly at the top of the coffee cup. The background is a linen dinner napkin. Interesting thing is that I only did one shot. It was supposed to be a test shot using the same settings I had used yesterday on Apple Preserved but when I looked at the histogram I decided to check it out on the computer. Decided that it did not require any tweaking.

I hung the second diffuser inside the light tent as close to the cup as I could without getting it into the image. In the uncropped shot you can see the wooden apple bucket that that supported the far end of the closest scrim.

These are fun but I think it is time for some color other than green. Will have to look to see what I can find. I also need to find a few more suitable props because to me this looks a little plain. Needed a sugar and creamer, oh oh, time to return to the thrift shops. Although this time I am going to look on the top shelf in the kitchen first.
Well, that last statement prompted a trip to the linen cabinet and now that I have seen this it is back to the china closet. LOL What was it that I said about art building on art? Everything seems to add another idea.
Okay, another version. I think I like this one better.
And the last one for tonight. Thought I would call it Mocha.

1 comment:

  1. Gary, I love your table top images. On the "Full Flavored Cup of coffee", I liked the first one best because to me, the coffee beans and the spoon are the main subject, and in that picture they really stand out. In the other shots they seem to be somewhat lost because of all the other colors within the frame. Like it's too busy. Just my thoughts. Jerry K.

    ReplyDelete