Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Slow Day Photographically

Well, this was a slow day photographically speaking. Janet and I did a lot of driving around in the industrial area north of downtown. Still looking for wall art and a possible location for a skyline shot of downtown.

We did get out early enough to get an egg and sausage biscuit at McDonalds. Had to find a new McDonalds because I embarrassed myself Monday when I complained that they were not serving breakfast when it was only 10:31am. They told me that everyone else had gone on Daylight Savings Time and maybe I would wish to reset my watch. Thank goodness for Denny's.

I did get a pretty good photograph of Janet after we finished. That is getting harder to do since she just cannot seem to set still anymore.

After the drive I stopped at Sand Dollar and picked up nine alcoholic models for just over nine dollars. That is my kind of model. This is just an introduction shot as I haven't run them through makeup yet. Maybe I should press the background before trying anything serious. The weather is warming so I have replaced the 1000w photoflood in the 16" reflector with a 100w household and it seems to work find, just had to change the white balance.

Tomorrow we have lunch with Christopher and Katie. Looking forward to that. It has only taken a little over fifteen months. LOL

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got that sausage biscuit and also moved to daylight savings time as well!

    I like the arrangement of the glasses and look forward to seeing what else you do with them. I wish I had a Sand Dollar close to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, thank you. Yeah, I moved most of the clocks to DST, but your know me and time.

    Right after I got back from the Sand Dollar I received a post from Paul (PhotoPaul) with an attached shot of a wine bottle, glass and cork. I thought it was an interesting coincidence since this is not something that I have ever seen Paul shoot before. So I quickly lined up the glasses on the dark brown burlap and the shot was awful so I had to redo the entire tent set up. I didn't take a lot of care in setting up the glasses since it was only to show Paul that we were thinking along the same lines. However, I do like the arrangement with a couple of exceptions; the two glasses on the right that have the stems in line and I should have turned the small square glass in the center at an angle so that it can be seen that it is square. Here it looks round.

    I have been wanting some wine glasses and a martini glass for a long time, but most places you have to buy them in sets of four and I do not need four. Needless to say I don't want to pay much for these props and at eighty cents each at Sand Dollar in oneses I feel like I hit the mother lode again. I will have fun playing with them. Now for cheap liquor or maybe left over tea and food coloring. LOL I need a drinking buddy that will save me their bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red martini glass is AWESOME!!! (and very saleable IMHO) I once heard a tennis instructor say that a good tennis player could win with a snow shoe. This is the equivalent of that with an 80 cent martini glass in the hands of a pro! All I can say is WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete