Thursday, April 24, 2008

New Adventure: Poster Prints

I want to try printing some of my abstracts, but I don’t want to spend a lot of money so I am trying poster prints from EL-CO Color Labs, ten bucks for a 20 x 30. I picked out three and sent them off today. I added a three inch border so the photo will only be 14 x 17. I am not wild about photos that fill the frame and I don’t want to buy larger frames and mat them so this should work out. Will share my results in about a week or ten days.

As far as the abstracts go, they are soft anyway, so if the color is any where near the original I will be happy. I included the White Rocks on the Red Rug to to get an idea of how the sharpness holds up. They prefer to do the upsizing on their RIP but I didn’t want to get into the math to figure a three inch border on a smaller size so I upsized which probably wasn’t the wisest thing to do. We’ll see.

That reminds me of the Wednesday morning Janet was driving me to work and I was complaining about having to go to work when I wanted to stay home and play. I pulled out that old adage, “Well at least it is hump day.” Janet looked over and said, “We’ll see.” The posters may come out the same.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to hearing about the results. Which substrate did you select for the prints? great selections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul, I looked at White House but couldn't bring myself to spend more than ten bucks. There was a choice of metalic, glossy or luster, I went with luster. I really wanted 24x36 since I already have three frames and one that has nothing in it but they didn't have that size. I think I will only buy one frame and just rotate. You know me, I'm cheap.

    ReplyDelete