Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Crucifix

For a road trip that didn't produce much in the way of photographs it is sure taking a long time to tell about it.

I shoot crucifix for various reasons. These were shot mostly as documentation rather than content. I have just gotten into a habit of photographing crucifix when I encounter them. It is like randomness and other themes that I have repeatedly shot over the years. They are difficult for me to pass by.  Although, in truth, combining a crucifix with palm leaves, even if they are not exactly the correct type of palm, or with an open Bible or with a painting of the ascension leaves plenty of room for metaphor or context.

Crucifix from the graveyard at St Mary's Catholic in Ellinger...


 Crucifix on display at the Windish Historical Museum...


Crucifix from St Paul's Lutheran in Sebin...


No comments:

Post a Comment