Monday, June 30, 2014

Misc from Alvin Antique Stores

We lined up nine, visited four. They are only open from noon till 5pm. Lunch in the middle didn't leave much time.
 
I made an effort not to shoot everything I saw (I heard the sigh of relief). I tried to force myself to only shoot the toys that were freaky and no manikins. Almost made it but not quite.
 
Toward the end it turned in to a brief lesson on 'looking for backgrounds rather than objects.'
 
 
 
 
Antique stores are a great place to practice excluding extraneous material in the background. Sometimes it works. Sometimes what you think is going to work doesn't and sometimes you just find very interesting juxtapositioning of elements. Besides they are air conditioned and right now that is a strong incentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment