Thursday, May 8, 2014

Political Apology

As you know I sometimes get political--well I am political all the time. It's only occasionally that I get on my soapbox. I just want to say that I have never in my life been so happy to have lost my vote in the Republican primary.

There were two Republican %#@^'s that I would like to have seen bite the dust, John Cornyn and David Dewhurst. Well I lost my vote against Cornyn in the primary which was a disappointment. However running against Dewhurst were two men that I was having a difficult time deciding between. I finally went with Patterson although I have a great deal of admiration for Patrick. Even though I preferred Patrick I just thought with all the negative campaigning that Patterson might have the better chance of putting Dewhurst into a runoff where he would be even more vulnerable. I darn sure didn't want Dewhurst to win outright.

Today I received an email from the Dewhurst campaign. It says it is because I had subscribed. That is totally impossible. I wouldn't get near that %#@^^$@ with a ten foot pole. The email was announcing Patterson's support for Dewhurst. The only place they could have gotten my email address was from Patterson's campaign.

So you know who just joined the @^$@%# list--Jerry Patterson. And as most know I hold a grudge for a very, very, very long time.

I am so pleased that I lost that vote I hardly know what to do. My apologies to Dan Patrick.

Dewhurst launched Patrick's political career when he refused to bring a property tax cut bill to the Senate floor. It will be such poetic justice if Patrick is the one that ends Dewhurst's political career. Just sorry it has taken this long. A win for Greg Abbot and Dan Patrick would be very good for Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment