Sunday, December 29, 2013

Discovery Green

I wanted to shoot the city Christmas tree but it wasn't lighted so Alcy, Debi and I headed to Discovery Green. These were shot hand held at ISO 200 with the Olympus. Still on my movement kick. Was a little limited with the 17mm lens (35mm) but I rectified that today by ordering the Panasonic 35-100mm f/2.8 which will be the equivalent to the Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8. Hoping it will serve as well for a portrait lens as the Nikkor has. It may need to as I have lost or misplaced the Nikon with the 70-200mm lens. Wasn't aware of that until I started to get the equipment ready to go to the shoot this afternoon. Real bummer. Debi says that one of the best ways of getting a really good assortment of photographic equipment is to follow me around and pick up what I leave behind. There may be some truth in that.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 When Alcy and I photographed the Co-Cathedral a few days ago I noticed a handout in the foyer with some very nice night shots so I suggested that we drive by. The front was lit but not to the extent in the handout but we did a few shots anyway. The photos in the handout may have been HDR which I do not have the patience to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment