Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Flying Saucer Pie Company…


…on the day before Thanksgiving. Debi volunteered for the turkey, Alcy for the vegies and as with all ‘Feast’ days, I volunteered for the dessert. That way I am assured that I will get a strawberry pie from the Flying Saucer Pie Company.

Never let it be said that I will not take one for the team. It was just six minutes short of three hours between the times I first got in line to when I stepped up to the counter to place my order. Naïve me thought that I was going to pick up a pie and head over to Chick Fil A for breakfast. It was lunchtime when I got back to the car which was several blocks away. The lady in line behind me said that she has done this every Thanksgiving for the past ten years. She brought a chair.

Was it worth it? Absolutely! However, as I mentioned to one man in line, it is a little disconcerting to my country boy attitude about life. I assured him that for Thanksgiving, my mother could don her coat, go to the chicken coop, select one, catch it, wring it neck, scald it, pluck it clean, gut it, stuff it, bake it, get it on the table and be cleaning up in less time that it was taking me to procure one silly pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment