Saturday, August 10, 2013

5K Color Run

Took the Lensbaby to a 5K color run. Okay, that wasn't my plan. I set the alarm for 5am because I did not have the equipment ready and I hoped that on the way I would be able to grab breakfast and some water to carry because I knew it was going to be hot. I partially woke when I became aware of someone talking. Thought it was the neighbors. I had forgotten to turn the radio volume up and when I rolled over to look at the time it was 6:50. The roll call would be at 7:30--I grabbed a camera and made my own colorful run for it. I got there at 7:29.

As a result I ended up at a color run which requires a minimum of the 70-200, with only a Lensbaby with an f/8 aperture disk. I had fun. Shot on manual and blew the heck out of most of the shots. Sometimes, especially after three color runs this year, this was the forth, you just have to find a different way to do it.

I really am not telling the truth. The bag I grabbed had two more lenses, a 50mm and the 85mm f/1.4. I have just been enjoying the Lensbaby so much lately that even though I did consider going to the finish line and doing my usual head shots with the 85 I decided against it. It was hot, the light was getting bad and it was a long, long walk back to the car over loose dirt motorcross trails that mostly went up--very few downs. So I oped on heading for the A/C and a stop for Gatorade to counter the heat. 

Still trying to figure out to best post process but here are a few that I like so far.







No comments:

Post a Comment