Monday, July 23, 2012

Guardian Angel Catholic Cemetery, Wallis, Texas

When Debi got back we spent another couple of hours driving around looking for other photo ops. The previous Saturday we shot inside the Guardian Angel Catholic Church and some of the photographers shot there in the morning. But they were having a service, a wedding I assume, when we arrived so we drove up the road to the Guardian Angel Cemetery. It was mid-day, the very wrong time for photographing in a cemetery, so the photographs that I decided to process required some extra work.

When photographing cemeteries there are a number of things that I am generally looking for and I lump them all into the category of poignancy. The main thing is not to document the grave sites but to look for something that conveys some emotion. It doesn't always work out that way but that is what I attempt.










No comments:

Post a Comment