Monday, April 9, 2012

Bronzes at the Houston Garden Center

I haven’t finished processing the photos from Saturday’s trip to Navasota and I’m already off on a new tangent.


We went to the Houston Garden Center last week and Alcy wanted to go back today so we did. I don’t shoot flowers. Well, I do but not by choice. However, in the garden there are several bronze busts and three full bronze figures. Since Janet and I started the Outdoor Art in Houston project some ten years ago I have shot these figures on several occasions. So I am always looking for new ways to do it. Today I decided to go up close and personal. I used a 50mm lens and a very wide lens opening. In the past I have been trying more to document them as works of art, today I wanted to see what they would look like if shot very tight. Although the lighting was not at is best on several of the pieces I am pleased with the overall results.


We also went to Glenwood Cemetery and shot angels. I may post some of them tomorrow.












No comments:

Post a Comment