Monday, March 12, 2012

Shooting at Old Town Spring on a very Rainy Afternoon

Went on my usual weekend photoshoot, this time with Photoshoots of Houston Models and Photographers to Old Town Spring. Always an interesting group and always new models. One of the models I had photographed before but all the rest were new. That good and bad, new faces but getting used to each other starts fresh each time. That is why I have enjoyed working with Nicole at the last few shoots, we are comfortable with each other. However, all the models I worked with took to working in the rain pretty very well. It rained off and on for the entire shoot. This was advertised as a "portrait" shoot and since what I do is closer to portraits than fashion or glamour I decided that I should sign up.

Ramona
Ramona
Ramona
This was Ramona's first effort at modeling. She wore this very loud print dress with lots of pink and green. One of the doors we found was bright, bright pink with dark green frame--couldn't have asked for a better combination for the background.

Carl
Carl
Carl, my favorite photograph from the shoot
Carl has done modeling before but this was his first shoot with our group.

Kila
Kila
Kila
Kila has modeled for the group before but this is the first time that I have photographed her. The first shot above was done on the porch of one of the antique stores at Old Town. About midway through the shoot she changed into a gray top. I borrowed the gray umbrella from one of the photographers for the perfect background. Actually I borrowed two gray umbrellas, one having a very distinct pattern that I thought would be fun with the gray blouse.

Craig
.Craig is not a model. He's Kila's boyfriend who came along. He was reluctant but I finally persuaded him to be in a few of the photographs. This was the only one that I did of him alone but I thought it was pretty good. He's a good looking young fellow and I didn't see a need to waste that. He was a little uncomfortable but I greatly appreciate him modeling for me. I understand that he had already turned down several other requests, so, Craig, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment