Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas in the Arboretum



Gave myself a Christmas present today. Showered, shaved (even treated myself to a fresh razor blade), got dressed and went out for breakfast. Then, since I was close to Memorial Park drove over to see what was happening—not much, so I went to the Arboretum for a mosquito free photoshoot--not easy at the Arboretum. Spent three hours freezing because I only planned on eating and didn't take a jacket. The first two hours were wandering along the trails looking for photo ops. The last was trying to find my way back because I didn’t pay a lot of attention to where I was going. Didn’t shoot much, didn’t get much exciting but at least I got out of the house. I’m not much of a “nature” photographer so I mostly concentrated on finding order out of the chaos which is one of my favorite themes anyway--my randomness obsession. I used the macro and wanted a fairly deep DOF so I used small apertures which made the exposures a little long. I got a lot of soft photos because there was considerable wind and on the soft ground I think I got some movement since for most shots I used the 10 second delay so it wasn’t camera handling. Anyway it was good to get out. Because of the holidays all of the club meeting were canceled for the last of the month and this was the first time I had been out of the house since last Sunday.


After finishing at the Arboretum I decided to drive out to Wespark to check out the location of an upcoming night photoshoot. Then I took 59 back into downtown and came across this "outdoor art" on Alabama just off Travis. All I can say it that it appears that a red, white and blue patriot isn't a fan.


I decided to revise the above photograph eleminating the sky and the grass. Like it better this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment