Friday, February 19, 2010

Up and Running

After procrastinating for almost a week, the new computer is on the desk. Mind you, it is only on the desk. Now to install drives and software. (1) additional external drives (2) instruction books and left over parts (what do you do with this stuff?)

Janet has slept all day so I am going to have all night to work on it.

Evaluation: I am disappointed to find that it has a tethered mouse and keyboard. I haven’t had either tethered in ten years. It never occurred to me that they wouldn't be wireless. Disappointment 2: I apparently did not read the description well. On some of the models--all that I have seen--the side panel is transparent. I paid for the lights that go inside the box but without the transparent side panel you can't see them. Looks like someone might have snapped to that and emailed a suggestion that I change cases. Oh well, I've lived without blue lights this long so I will survive. Of course I can just open it up ever once in a while for a blue light special. Since I am going to up the internal drives ( I see there is space for I think three more) I will be opening it fairly often. I can easily replace the keyboard and mouse with wireless models. I could switch my laptop mouse back and forth. Tethered keyboard is not that big a deal but that mouse has got to move. Now to install the IPS software so I can get underway. Right now I am working very uncomfortably on a tea table in the living room--that should give me incentive enough to get me back in there.

Jeeze has anything happened in this world other than Tiger Wood's infidelities. Friday night TV is lousy enough without hearing a rerun of that fifteen times a night. Like who cares--another celebrity playing it for all its worth--what's new. If any apologies are needed it is to the viewers for having to listen to it like it's important.

2 comments:

  1. i see enough wall space where another Saltzman can hang Just so youu dont feel your being picked on my new Dell also had wired mouse and keyboard, which i quickly switched...

    hope all are well.

    PAUL from bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new computer. It looks good on your desk. Now for the hard part.

    Paul, hope you are back on your feet soon!

    ReplyDelete