Saturday, July 5, 2008

Forth of July Photos

Janet and I normally stay in and ignore the ruckus on the Forth, but I ask and she said she wanted to drive downtown to see the fireworks show.

A few years ago I made a wrong turn coming out of downtown and discovered rows of cars parked on the Elision Viaduct watching fireworks so I decided to give it a try. We got there early enough to get a pretty good spot and I set up the camera. When I zoomed in I found I had more highlines and poles than I had fireworks. There was nothing that could be salvaged for anything more than a 4x6 so most all will be deleted.

In checking the exposure prior to the show, I shot a few pictures of the downtown buildings, not outstanding but usable. I also shot a few photos of the traffic on Interstate 10 as it goes under the viaduct, one of which I like. So for the hundred eighty three photos, tests and firesworks, this is the only real keeper. About my average.

No comments:

Post a Comment