Monday, July 21, 2008

07 21 Light Fixture, Entrance Light

Took Janet out for barbeque then a fast trip downtown. I had seen this fixture a few nights ago and decided to give it a try.

Directly across the street was Woodard's Bail Bonds which I tried to photograph but could not get the camera to focus. It can be a whole lot like Janet when she is in one of her moods.

In the process of looking for this fixture I had noticed a trio of large flood fixtures lighting the sided of a building. After no success with the Bail Bond photo I drove back over to find the flood lights. Never paid any attention to what the building was. As I crossed the street I noticed someone in uniform coming toward me but I went ahead and shot the photo. Turns out that it was a federal building, think it used to be Customs, not sure what it is now. I told him all I was photographing was the light fixture and it was going to be hard to tell that it was a federal building so he said go ahead, just be quick. Ended up having a Canon/Nikon, film/digital discussion and I explained about the July Challenge so he wouldn't think I was completely nuts for photographing flood light fixtures from behind. Janet had been away from the house for quite a while so I decided to call it a day and get her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment