Wednesday, July 2, 2008

07 03 Light Fixture, Bedroom Overhead

I have decided to shoot one day ahead on the July Challenge and stay up after midnight to post each day. I have about five choices I can do at home so Janet and I made another run tonight to find interesting light fixtures. Got a couple on Yale at 11th, the WWII memorial. I have got three locations now that I feel have possibilities. This is really a fun project wish that some of the team members had wanted to join in.

I figured I was going to have to get out the tripod for this shot but I went in to snap a few test shots hand held and they came out so well that I shot all of them hand held. I did use an SB800 on a light stand about two feet to the right of camera set at 1/8 power with a full CTO gel to give some form to the ornate fixture. Fortunately there is a dimmer on the light so I could balance out with the flash without much problem. Well, except for the one time I fell off the stool. D200, 50mm f/1.4, 100 ISO, 1/40 sec at f/8, SB800 w/full CTO gel triggered by SU800.

No comments:

Post a Comment