Thursday, April 10, 2008

More Wild Flowers


Janet and I drove out toward Lake Houston to look for wild flowers. I wanted to try some of the more common flowers like buttercups. The day was overcast and I was shooting in between rain showers. I did not get as many as I liked today but it was a good outing and allowed me a chance to pick up a couple of shots for the entropy challenge.

These were all taken at Alexander Deussen Park on the shore of Lake Houston. I started out using the Tokina 10-17mm but switched back to the 50mm f/1.4 with an extension tube. Unfortunately the county keeps the park area and the roads leading to the park well mowed so the only flowers are around obstructions.

The weather was overcast and dark which made for nice even lighting but it gave an entirely different feel to the photographs. Two days ago there was blown highlights and lightness to the photographs. Today, backgrounds are much darker even going to almost black.

The remainder of the shots have been posted to Flickr in the Wild Flower set.

No comments:

Post a Comment