Wednesday, January 23, 2013

NWHPC Photo Of the Year Black and White

Among the things that took place during my blogging absence was the Photo of the Year competition at NWHPC. The first meeting of each year is a competition for photo of the year. Any photograph that received a ribbon during the previous year is eligible to be entered into the completion. There are three ribbons given, Best Black and White, Best Color and Photo of the Year. I had one photo in the black and white and two in the color competition. My black and white did receive the ribbon for the best black and white.

This is a photograph of the chapel of St Basil Catholic Church at St Thomas University. I titled it, shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of the darkness into his marvelous light__1st Peter 2:9.


4 comments:

  1. Gary quoting scripture? Now THAT is cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, thank you. I am actually extremely pleased with this photograph but somewhat surprised that it gained as much acceptance in the competition as it did. The ribbon doesn't matter to me. Taking a photograph that I think is probably the best single photograph that I have taken in years does matter. I wanted a scripture verse that addressed the light and the darkness and when I came to this verse I felt it was perfect for what I wanted the photograph to convey. I feel that is what Phillip Johnson was going for in the design of the sanctuary. Someday the Catholics are going to discover that I am a Baptist and throw me out, but until then... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I probably should confess that there were only half as many prints entered as were eligible which made getting a ribbon much easier. I do not know why some do not bring their prints to the print of the year. Betty Lieu probably wins more ribbons during the year than anyone and she never competes in the print of the year. I know that I am not real concerned about getting ribbons but when I do I do want them to be at the print of the year competition.

    ReplyDelete