Monday, December 31, 2012

Review of Hoodloupe Professional 3" LCD Display Loupe

At Via Colori I lost my second Hoodsman Loupe. The first one was my fault, I left it on the table at a restaurant. This one was Hoodsman's fault when they decided to go with a stretchable o-ring to facilitate detaching from the lanyard--something I never found necessary. Because the loupe frequently decided to detach itself I actually intended to super glue the o-ring to the loupe--in hindsight I should have. Yes, I am a procrastinator but that makes me no less unhappier that I lost my loupe.

Adorama had the Hoodsman on sale. I consider it an essential tool when shooting in bright sun so I bought a third one. They asked for a review.

Originally submitted at Adorama
Hoodman Professional 3" LCD Screen Loupe for Canon & Nikon
Essential By Gabby from Houston, TX on 12/31/2012
 

4out of 5
Describe Yourself: Hobbyist/Enthusiast
Was this a gift?: No
In bright sun I consider the Hoodsman to be an essential tool. This is my third one. The first I stupidly lost. The second I lost due to a flawed and really silly design, the stretchable o-ring that attached the lanyard. This one appears to have the same o-ring with a stop gap method of keeping it from stretching. I will see how that works. Not impressed with the dinky plastic snap for removing the lanyard. Would really prefer something that seemed a little more secure. Sometimes gimping up a product doesn't make it better, just gimpier. The hoodsman is a great product, sorry they feel it needs the gimp. The lanyard easily slips over my head if I need it "unattached."

No comments:

Post a Comment